[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”no” hundred_percent_height=”no” hundred_percent_height_scroll=”no” hundred_percent_height_center_content=”yes” equal_height_columns=”no” menu_anchor=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” status=”published” publish_date=”” class=”” id=”” link_color=”” link_hover_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” gradient_start_color=”” gradient_end_color=”” gradient_start_position=”0″ gradient_end_position=”100″ gradient_type=”linear” radial_direction=”center center” linear_angle=”180″ background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ background_blend_mode=”none” video_mp4=”” video_webm=”” video_ogv=”” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” video_preview_image=”” filter_hue=”0″ filter_saturation=”100″ filter_brightness=”100″ filter_contrast=”100″ filter_invert=”0″ filter_sepia=”0″ filter_opacity=”100″ filter_blur=”0″ filter_hue_hover=”0″ filter_saturation_hover=”100″ filter_brightness_hover=”100″ filter_contrast_hover=”100″ filter_invert_hover=”0″ filter_sepia_hover=”0″ filter_opacity_hover=”100″ filter_blur_hover=”0″][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ spacing=”” center_content=”no” link=”” target=”_self” min_height=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” hover_type=”none” border_size=”0″ border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” border_radius=”” box_shadow=”no” dimension_box_shadow=”” box_shadow_blur=”0″ box_shadow_spread=”0″ box_shadow_color=”” box_shadow_style=”” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” background_type=”single” gradient_start_color=”” gradient_end_color=”” gradient_start_position=”0″ gradient_end_position=”100″ gradient_type=”linear” radial_direction=”center center” linear_angle=”180″ background_color=”” background_image=”” background_image_id=”” background_position=”left top” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_blend_mode=”none” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=”” filter_type=”regular” filter_hue=”0″ filter_saturation=”100″ filter_brightness=”100″ filter_contrast=”100″ filter_invert=”0″ filter_sepia=”0″ filter_opacity=”100″ filter_blur=”0″ filter_hue_hover=”0″ filter_saturation_hover=”100″ filter_brightness_hover=”100″ filter_contrast_hover=”100″ filter_invert_hover=”0″ filter_sepia_hover=”0″ filter_opacity_hover=”100″ filter_blur_hover=”0″ last=”no”][fusion_text columns=”” column_min_width=”” column_spacing=”” rule_style=”default” rule_size=”” rule_color=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=””]
In any business, there is a very important interaction that needs to take place between a potential customer and a specialist. One can call this human connection or emotional connection. To put it into simple terms, it’s building trust, loyalty and rapport, and it’s all about you with Measure Backwards.
Without this step, a business might not know all the facts about the person they are talking to and that can prove to be a fatal mistake. And far too often, this is the very case in the fitness industry.
Prospective clients want to feel comfortable, important and valued. At Measure Backwards, it is a top priority to focus on each individual client through establishing a trusting coaching relationship to ensure proper guidance towards achieving your goals.
Benefits of Individualized Coaching
If you want to find information on how to become healthier, there are thousands of resources easily available to you such as; websites, articles, podcasts, videos, lectures, webinars, classes and books about exercise and healthy eating. Some resources may suggest following specific programs that include detailed guidelines about what you need to do. However, more times than not, these recommendations are not be the best option for you since these are generic programs that don’t take into consideration anything about you. Understand that individualized coaching with a qualified professional is the best way to get the help you need, and it’s all about you with Measure Backwards.
When reading about various health related topics, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- How credible are these resources?
- How accessible are they?
- Can they be adapted to fit different people and situations?
- Is this something that is sustainable?
- What are the risks?
- Will this program teach me how to overcome obstacles?
What is Coaching
The International Coach Federation defines coaching as, “Professional coaching is an ongoing professional relationship that helps people produce extraordinary results in their lives, careers, businesses or organizations. Through the process of coaching, clients deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life.” Unlike a standard program package, one-on-one coaching is all about building trusting relationships and self-efficacy with their clients. It’s all about you with Measure Backwards.
For example, certified coaches are trained to:
- Accept and meet you where you are today
- Ask you to take charge
- Guide you in doing the mindful thinking, feeling, and doing work that builds confidence
- Help you define a higher purpose for health and well-being
- Uncover your natural impulse to be well
- Address mental and physical health together
- Help you to set and achieve realistic goals
- Harness the strengths you need to overcome your obstacles
- Reframe obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow
- Inspire and challenge you to go beyond what you would do alone
Working with a coach will provide you with a tremendous amount of support to help you have the tools, resources and education to achieve your goals. Part of this support will be in the form of holding you accountable. A coach is your ‘accountability partner’ and this accountability may be in the form of ‘homework’ assignments and/or motivation, inspiration and encouragement. During each coaching session your coach will ask you for an update on your progress towards your goals. Your coach can also help you move away from giving excuses as to why objectives were not achieved to taking accountability for what was achieved and adjusting the plan to ensure success. You will have full support from our coaches as it’s all about you with Measure Backwards.
Assessments are invaluable to coaches in the health, fitness, and wellness industry. The process of deliberately answering questions about your priorities, needs, values, readiness, and challenges in health and wellbeing promotes self-discovery and expands awareness. Assessments essentially begin the coaching process even before your first coaching session. People become more aware of who they are, where they are starting, what well-being encompasses, and where they want to go. You can develop this awareness with our team because it is all about you with Measure Backwards.
For example, an assessment could help a coach to better understand your:
- Energy levels throughout a typical day, including energy boosters and energy drains
- Life satisfaction to determine your sense of purpose, joy, gratitude, work satisfaction, and personal relationship satisfaction
- Mental and emotional fitness that may include coping skills, resilience, sleep patterns, stress levels, emotional status, social activity/support, and personal loss
- Weight management that includes your Body Mass Index, height, weight and waist measurement
- Physical activity and exercise to learn frequency and types of physical activity
- Nutrition to understand your eating behaviors and relationship with food by looking at your daily intake with snacks, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, water, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, and trans fats
- Overall health with blood pressure, cholesterol, heart rate, relationship with a physician, women’s/men’s health issues, frequency of illness, medications, tobacco use, and personal/family health history
Prior to your first coaching session, a coach will take the time to carefully review your completed assessment. This will allow a coach to prepare specific questions to ask during your assessment review to learn more about who you are and your goals. During your first coaching session, a coach will confirm important items noted from your assessment that might be significant in working towards your goal.
Staying in Touch
A coach will have scheduled meetings with you to help keep you engaged and motivated. By doing this, it will give you an external push to stay on track throughout your fitness journey while encouraging you to work hard at achieving your goals. Technology provides countless ways to make it easier in staying connected. Whether you prefer to receive emails, texts, phone calls, or FaceTime a coach will frequently touch base with you to ensure you stay on track. We will communicate how you want to communicate because it’s all about you with Measure Backwards.
First Coaching Session
Your first coaching session is extremely valuable because it is where a coach will begin the process of getting to know you and understand who you are. Typically, your first session with a coach will include a conversation about your expectations, assessment results, identifying your strengths and values, creating SuPeRSMART goals and developing action plans. Your coach will be taking notes and asking powerful questions in order to provide you the best coaching experience possible because it’s all about you with Measure Backwards. There are several other key elements that your coach will be listening for during your first session as well.
Preferred Learning Mode and Style
When it comes to generic cookie cutter programs, customizing the program to your specific preferences and goals is nonexistent. However, working with a coach who will adapt to your preferred learning style will positively contribute to your success throughout your journey. You can get the program you need to meet your specific preferences and goals with our team because it’s all about you with Measure Backwards.
There are several different learning styles to consider:
- Visual (Spatial) – Visual learners learn best when they have images to help them process the information. This learning style requires the learners to first see what they are expected to know. They may also need to map out or write out their thoughts in order to really process what they are thinking.
- Aural (Auditory-Musical)– Aural learners respond best by listening and would rather listen to someone speak than read information or see illustrations.
- Verbal (Linguistic) – Verbal learners learn best through the words they hear. Typically, they love both written and spoken word, excelling in both. These learners are typically those that go into public speaking, writing, journalism, and debating.
- Physical (Kinesthetic) – Physical learners are extremely animated and always need to be moving. They learn best by going through the motions of what they are learning.
- Logical (Mathematical) – Logical learners are the individuals who want to understand the reason behind content or skills and tend to enjoy games like chess and doing brainteasers.
- Social (Interpersonal) – As the name suggests, social learners are true people persons. They often prefer direct involvement with others in group projects. They are stimulated by dialog and may seek out feedback from instructors. However, they may not be comfortable or perform best when required to work alone or on self-paced projects.
- Solitary (Intrapersonal) – Solitary learners are individuals who prefer to learn on their own. They are self-motivated and highly independent. They favor a quiet environment both in their personal and academic lives.
Although people turn to coaching for their own unique reasons, it’s time for you to invest in a certified coach if you are:
- Done with fad diets and yo-yo dieting
- Wanting to focus on your health for the long-term
- Ready to make the commitment
- Tired of endless amounts of false information and want to be properly educated
- Build your confidence
What it all comes down to is asking yourself whether you would be more successful long-term if you purchased a generic program or working with a coach who will help you to discover your strengths, identify your goals, develop your plans, and design your strategies for growth and change.
Remember, during your fitness journey, you will inevitably encounter challenges and setbacks. A generic program will likely not address or guide you through those difficult moments. Whereas, a coach can assist you to view such times in a positive light – as opportunities for you to learn and grow. A coach can assist you with developing an effective problem solving strategy that includes brainstorming, creating self-awareness, increasing your desire to stay on track, and experimenting with new action strategies or tweaking your behavioral goals themselves.
Before investing in a generalized program that is built for anyone and everyone, make sure it is the best option for you to successfully achieve your specific goals. If you are not 100% confident that it will align perfectly with your goals, working with a certified coach will most definitely be your best option. If you have any questions, feel free to schedule a free consultation and you can learn more about how it’s all about you with Measure Backwards.